The Gigantic 3 program is a free Bulky Item Drop Off Service allows residents to get rid of unwanted household items at various locations around the City, and usually coincides with DPW's Community Clean Team Events.
Appointments are highly recommended for you to avoid lengthy waits!
Next Gigantic 3 events
- District 2 - Marina Green, East Parking Lot
- District 3 - Portsmouth Square, Walter U. Lum Alley
The following items are eligible for dropoff:
Green Waste and Other Compostables
- Yard waste, landscaping debris, and all other organic material: leaves, grass, flowers, tree and brush trimmings, plants, weeds, food scraps, etc.
Free Shredding & Document Destruction, Truck on site
- Limited to two Bankers boxes
Large or Bulky Items
- Curbside recyclable material (cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cardboard, and all paper)
- Appliances (water heaters, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers).
- Scrap Metal (any item that contains metal, such as a kitchen chair, lamp, pipes, bird cage, bed frame, etc.).
- Mattresses and Box Springs (including futon mattresses).
- Electronics (including stereo equipment, VCR’s, old telephones and microwaves).
- Goodwill Industries will be on hand to recycle and reuse computer equipment (limit 5 computers per household).
Non Recyclable/Non-Compostable Waste
- Plastic bags, Styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, painted or treated wood, etc.
Goodwill Industries will be onsite to accept donations such as clothes or furniture in resale condition.
Special Wastes - The following special waste items can be dropped off at the Gigantic3 site:
- Used motor oil/oil filters. Place used filters in a plastic bag. Do not mix motor oil with anything!
- All household batteries (non-automotive)
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes (Broken tubes will not be accepted)
You are encouraged to call your garbage company at 330-1300 to make an appointment for a free drop off. No businesses.
For more information, call (415) 552-9201 or visit SF Clean City.