Originally constructed in 1957, Coffman Pool is situated in southeastern entrance of McLaren Park. The rebuild was completed in 2008 and includes a new entry lobby, reception area, public restrooms, locker rooms, a family changing room, staff and support spaces, and an outdoor patio. The existing pool shell and pool mechanical room were assessed to be in sound condition and therefore, were updated to current standards.
These new updates were completed based on feedback from the community and those that use this pool.
For additional information and background, visit the 2000 Neighborhood Park Projects Bond webpage.
Visitacion Avenue and Hahn Avenue
February 2002: Planning Phase
February 2003: Design Phase
May 2006: Began Construction
July 2008 Opened to the Public
In March of 2000, San Francisco voters passed and approved Proposition A, the Neighborhood Parks Project Bond; which provided the financing of the rebuild of this park facility.
DPW Bureau of Architecture (BOA)
DPW Bureau of Engineering (BOE)
DPW Bureau of Construction Management (BCM)
Levy Design Partners
DPW Project Designer
Last updated: 11/9/2010 5:58:38 PM