Sloat Boulevard is State Highway 35 connecting Skyline Boulevard to the west with Highway 1 through a San Francisco residential area. The Sloat Boulevard Pedestrian Safety Improvement project includes safety improvements at three intersections along Sloat Boulevard between 19th Avenue and Skyline Drive: 23rd Avenue, Forest View Drive and Everglade Drive. The renovation will provide a safer environment for pedestrians, motorists, cyclists and transit riders with the installation of special traffic calming features.
Phase Two pedestrian safety improvements to be installed Summer 2015 include:
Phase One pedestrian safety improvements installed in Summer 2013 include:
- Sloat Boulevard at Forest View Drive: Bulb-outs, median extension, curb ramps, crosswalks, and a new pedestrian activated crossing beacon. For more information, download the Sloat Boulevard Pedestrian Safety Project factsheet.
- Sloat at Everglade Dr.
- Sloat at 23rd Ave.
- Project advertised for bid on 12/20/2014
- Bids were opened on 1/28/2015
- The contract was awarded to Empire Engineering & Construction on 5/15/2015
- The contractor is currently completing the agreement package. The review and final approval of the contract agreement package is anticipated by 6/30/2015
- Construction is anticipated to start Summer 2015
Total: $1 million
This project is funded through a combination of a federal highway safety improvement grant and local matching funds.
Public Works and SFMTA